Anesthesiologist

The next meeting was to talk about my past history of operations and reaction to anesthetic. I have never had a negative experience with this as the Doctor said "you are in reasonably good health". I have only had 3 operations in my life. All were relatively minor. Tonsils out when I was 11. I think that was pretty easy. Then I had a benign lump removed off my back about 30 years ago. Again nothing special about that. And finally in 2014 I broke my ankle and for that surgery I had a spinal block. It also went smoothly with no real after problems with the meds.

Again this Doctor went over my general health level and looked at my paper work. He also said that following this surgery I would have significant pain that can be minimized and controlled with drugs. I was given very clear instructions to take the pain meds and not try to be brave. He told me I would actually use less meds if I took them when I felt the slightest pain then if I allowed it to build up and then tried to get it under control.

They expect me to be walking the day of the surgery and doing breathing exercises very frequently to prevent respiratory problems.

This has caused me more emotional distress because having all this information makes it all more real. I guess you could say I am on an emotional roller coaster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do YOU Want To Do?

Over Half Done with Radiation --- The Good Cancer

Seven Radiation Treatments