January 26 - 3 days after surgery

I am allowed to eat normal food now but what the hospital gives is not great. When the Doctor was in I told him this and he asked what I wanted. I told him oatmeal and blueberries. He advised me to have my wife bring me whatever I wanted to eat. This would be fine. So I called Donna and she brought me oatmeal and blueberries that I could store in a common fridge in the unit and prepare in the microwave whenever I want it. This not only helps my stomach but just generally made me feel better.

I still felt a little weepy but I guess this is just normal post surgery depression. It is just NOT like me, but then it is not everyday that I loose a prostate!

During the day I get up about every hour and walk 10 minutes around the hallways.

The Doctor told me to do more so have tried to up it to 10 minutes every half hour.

The catheter is beginning to be really annoying. It causes a bit of pain or chaffing where it enters my body. Plus the drain out of my belly is still collecting about 100cc every hour. They want that to get down to less than 100cc a day, but mine just is really flowing. I am a bit disappointed with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do YOU Want To Do?

Over Half Done with Radiation --- The Good Cancer

Seven Radiation Treatments