January 27 - 4 days post surgery


Image may contain: Donna Wells and Dan Wells, people smiling, people sitting
Our good friends Dave and Jan Heitsman visited today. It was nice to have visitors. Pastor Grant has been by, and I had message contact with Pastor Dauncy and Pastor Walter. 

With Dave and Jan it was fun to have some "Painful" laughter.




I am also doing some paint by numbers on my phone. Just to pass the time.

It was funny, my roommate and I have enjoyed visiting back and fourth a bit. I have a window but there is a curtain blocking her view. We discovered it is pinned in such a way that we can't open it so I took the bottom and threw it over the rod and that gave her a view out the window.

The nurse came along and did not like what we had done, so when we were out of the room she pulled it back down. I asked what the problem is and she told me that many patience do not get along so they make it so the curtain could not be opened. I told her that was not the case with us so after she left I put it back. I think we have a little battle of the wills going on and my roommate and I think it is kind of humorous.  😏😁

I never really had what would be called major surgery before. Now when I broke my ankle a few years back I did have surgery but I had a spinal and very quick recovery although the pain the day after the surgery was more intense, even worse than what I'm experiencing with this surgery but with the ankle it was very quick recovery with this it just is going on and on and on. although it is probably hard to compare the two as far as pain level because I think for this surgery I had way more intense drugs to kill the pain than I did for the ankle.
So today I might be slightly better but I just feel really wiped and my insides are just not coming back very quickly but will hope it will only be another day or two before that settles down and then it will be easier to rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do YOU Want To Do?

Over Half Done with Radiation --- The Good Cancer

Seven Radiation Treatments