January 28 - 5 days post surgery

I  finished an "easy" Sudoku, it only took twice as long as usual! My brain is fuzzy.

Doctor is pushing me to get up more and hoping I can go home tomorrow. I am still draining quite a bit out of the incision but he told me that is because I'm not up more so getting up and moving and staying up even when I'm not moving will help that to settle down so he can take the drain out and then I can go home. -- He said to me "hospitals are really dangerous places people come here to die. Eight or nine days is lethal. Get home as soon as you can." 

So, I am trying to walk more and stay out of bed more. 

Image may contain: Dan Wells, standing, sky and outdoor

Donna and I took a walk outside of the hospital to day. There I am with my bag. 

My room is the top room on the right just above left shoulder. Behind me is a basketball court we found out that the only access is through the psych unit which is directly behind me. I know it looks like I'm in prison. šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜‚šŸ˜„šŸ¤£ I am outside following Doctor's orders.

I actually feel pretty good just still draining a lot out of my belly. I still do about 100 cc every couple of hours. They want that to slow way down before I go home. 


Here is my aim -- to be in Hawaii in 2020.

No photo description available.

My emotions have really settled down to pretty much normal.That is good because everybody felt sorry for me and there was nothing anybody could do. As soon as anyone would sympathize it would make me start crying again! šŸ˜ŖšŸ˜ŖšŸ˜­ It actually was a bit embarrassing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Do YOU Want To Do?

Over Half Done with Radiation --- The Good Cancer

Seven Radiation Treatments